- "How to Fight a Price War" by Akshay Rao, Mark Bergen, and Scott Davis, from The Harvard Business Review
- "Using the Anticipation of Competitive Actions to Make SMART Pricing Decisions," by Scott Davis, John Cripps, and Steve Kutner, from the Journal of Professional Pricing.
- Introducing Reactor™ by Scott Davis
Customer segmentation is a key to developing a successful strategy and pricing policy in a competitive environment. Several different potential crieteria for segmentation are summarized.
- Approaches to Segmentation
Both qualitative and quantitative methods can be used to segment a customer market. Methods reviewed include: qualitative approaches, cross tabular analysis, interaction detection techniques such as CHAID, and cluster analysis.
- Monetary Value to the Customer Analysis
A Monetary Value to the Customer Analysis (MVCA) estimates the customer's value of a good or service by evaluating its financial implications for the purchaser.
- "Developing an Effective Pricing Strategy
for a Troubled Economy"
- "Know Thy Customer: Predicting How Preference Translates into Choice"
Check back regularly for new references!